1. Find an opportunity to give someone a compliment. This small gesture takes no time, is free and can be the highlight of someone's entire week.
2. Ask someone, 'Are you ok?'. At the end of the day, people need people and not always do we have someone available or are we brave enough to tell someone that we are not ok.
3. Help others find the positive by being and communicating positively yourself. As they say, what comes around, goes around.
4. Say sorry when due. It's never too late to make amends.
5. Support a friend. If you have a friend who has started a new activity which they are anxious about, a new business, or someone you know is pregnant or is unwell. Ask them 'Is there something I can to do help? True friends are those who are always present, even when times get overwhelming or tough.
6. Be kind to yourself. Sometimes, we help everyone so much that we forget to look after ourselves. Practice gratitude by writing down three things you are grateful for. You will be glowing with joy and positivity is contagious.
We all have something at home that we hoard which really could be going to great use by someone less fortunate.
8. If you live in a city and happen to see the occasional homeless person. Think of where they reside, and next time when you have left over food, go to them and say hello and offer them what you have. (Just be mindful that sugary items such as fruit, juice has been known to hurt some homeless people's teeth due the lack of dental care)
9. Call up a family member you haven't seen in a while. I'm sure they would love to hear from you.
10. Smile because the world is brighter when you do.