Although there is still a large population that don’t take into consideration what is involved when creating an Organic Cotton garment; There are more people becoming knowledgeable as to how the Organic Cotton movement is just as powerful and significant as organic foods.
Here are 10 reasons why:
1. No fertilisers, pesticides or other toxic chemicals have been used in any stage of the supply chain. Did you know that Conventional cotton uses approximately 16% of the world's insecticides and 7% of pesticides?
2. Chemical free cotton harvesting ensures the physical and mental health of farmers, their families and nearby communities is not compromised by where they work and/or live.
3. The soil is healthy through crop rotation and retains moisture in soil from increased organic matter.
4. Natural, untreated GMO-free seeds.
5. Organic Cotton uses 71% less water and 62% less energy. Did you know it takes 2,700 litres of water to make a conventional cotton t-shirt, yet Organic Cotton is 80% rain-fed?
6. Lower carbon emissions are released into the atmosphere which means our air and water ways are clearer for humans, the environment and animals.
7. A chemical free production process prevents water contamination.
8. Organic cotton is a natural alternative for our skin with reduced exposure to allergens and other dermatological issues. Consumers claim Organic Cotton feels, look and even smells better.
9. The organic certification represents a very strict manufacturing standard which ensures that minimal negative environmental impacts and safe ethical practices are maintained.
10. By choosing Organic Cotton over conventional cotton, the consumer is influencing a global standardisation that water conservation, cleaner air, better soil and farmer livelihood is an ethical investment.
At Ethical Active, we recognise the complete product cycle of Organic Cotton and are passionate about making sure that no one is put in harm’s way. This is why we consider the farmers, their families, nearby communities, the environment, the animals, insects and the consumer.
When a consumer purchases Organic Cotton, not only are they making a smart environmental decision and the natural choice for their bodies; They are also saying they want to make the world a better place because they know and care about the communities and the farmers of which that cotton was grown in.
Ethical Active 2018 ©